The majority of people who end up on this blog come by searching Google for turning 50 jokes. Every so often, I like to prowl around myself and look for old new ones (or is that new old ones) on the Internet. Through Boomer Chronicles blog, I stumbled upon Boomer Jokes. Seems to be a fair number of good ones on this site, but, perhaps because I like word plays on popular culture, I was drawn to the post on “Pop Artists of the ’60′s Revisited,” which takes some well know lyrics and titles and twists them for boomers and seniors. For example:
- Ringo Starr — I Get By With a Little Help From Depends.
- The Bee Gees — How Can You Mend a Broken Hip.
- Bobby Darin — Splish, Splash, I Was Havin’ a Flash.
- Roberta Flack — The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face.
- Johnny Nash — I Can’t See Clearly Now.
- Paul Simon — Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver.
- The Commodores – Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.
You can read more of them here, and be sure to click down the left rail for other baby boomer jokes that would work for someone turning 50 years old. (And, yes, some of the jokes, like the ones above are real groaners, but those often work best if your party involves a roast or just a series of toasts.)